Each year, the Working Class Studies Association (WCSA) issues a number of awards to recognize the best new work in the field of working-class studies. The review process is organized by the past-president of the WCSA, and submissions are judged by a panel of three readers for each of the five categories of awards:
- Tillie Olsen Award for Creative Writing: Published books of poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, and other genres.
- C.L.R. James Award for Published Books for Academic or General Audiences
- Russo & Linkon Award for Published Article or Essay for Academic or General Audiences
- Studs Terkel Award for Media and Journalism: Single published articles or series, broadcast media, multimedia, and film.
- Constance Coiner Award for Best Dissertation: Completed dissertations.
For more information, please see the annual call for nominations.